Help is available. Call the National Domestic Violence Hotline
at 800-799-7233 or text START to 88788
Free and Open to the Community
Saturday, April 22, 2023 | 9 a.m. – noon | doors open at 8:30 a.m.
Southern Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
4444 Branch Avenue | Temple Hills, MD 20748
Prevention | Safe Intervention | Healing
Uniting clergy, ministry leaders, congregants, & community members to examine methods to restore individuals and families impacted by domestic, intimate partner & sexual assault.
Participants will learn to identify red flags of domestic violence & sexual assault, map out resources & services available in Prince George’s County, and begin a journey of healing.
The Morning’s Program Includes:
- Biblical Perspective on Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Dynamics Workshop
- Healing Discussion
- Professional Counselor On-site
- Community Resources On-site
- Continental Breakfast & Giveaways
Thank You to Our Clergy Partners:
- Pastor Grayton and Southern Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, Our Hosting House of Worship
- Pastor Moore and Carolina Missionary Baptist Church
- Pastor Poullard and Fort Washington Baptist Church
- Maryland State Senator Melony G. Griffith, District 25, Prince George’s County, Democrat
- Tokeitha K. Wilson, Author, Speaker, Advocate
- Jackie Rhone, Prince George’s County Department of Family Services Domestic Violence & Human Trafficking, Division Manager
- Dr. Delaine Smith-Clark, University of Maryland Capital Region Health, Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center
- Diana Banks, Progressive Life Center, President and CEO
- Evette Clarke, Progressive Life Center, Maryland Operations
- Artistic Expression Dancers, Stephanie Marshall and Mia Graves
This project was supported by grant number 15JOVW-21-GG-00781-CSSP awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions, and recommendations expressed in this publication/program/exhibition are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.