Foster Care – Baltimore, MD
Since 1990, PLC has provided traditional and therapeutic foster care for children in underserved communities in Washington, DC; Baltimore, MD; Landover, MD; Philadelphia, PA; and Newark, DE. Our primary emphasis is on the well-being of each child in our care, with the ultimate goal of permanent placement.
The children and youth we serve often come to us with significant behavioral, emotional and development issues compounded by the consequences of systemic neglect and abuse. Others have a medical diagnosis that requires close or ongoing supervision. While each needs special care, they deserve a loving, nurturing home environment in order to thrive and grow into healthy, productive adults.
To ensure that the children we serve have a secure and loving home to heal, grow and thrive, PLC recruits and rigorously screens and trains foster parents. Each member of the foster family is extensively screened and must complete a comprehensive training program. After successful completion, we assign a multi-disciplinary treatment team to the foster family.
Teamwork and community collaboration are integral to our specialized foster care model. Each foster care home receives 24-hour support from their assigned team of trained professionals. By emphasizing the child and the treatment parents, PLC successfully enhances the cultural identity, spiritual, emotional and social functioning of the children we serve. Importantly, our Foster Care Program facilitates stability and permanency – and allows the children to thrive.
Our Foster Care Services
- Biological Family and Community
- Clinical Support
- Crisis Intervention
- Individualized Residential Treatment
- In-home Family Therapy
- Parenting-skills Training
- Psychiatric Counseling
- Respite Care
- Spiritually and Culturally Focused Counseling
Foster Parents in Baltimore, MD
- Are at least 21 years of age
- Can be single, married, divorced or widowed
- Both men and women can become foster/adoptive parents
- Able to obtain medical clearance from a health provider
- Must be able to meet your family’s current financial obligations
- Your home must pass a health and fire inspection
- Police clearance and fingerprinting is required for everyone 18 years & older who reside in your home
- You need to be will to work in the best interest of the child
Available Baltimore, MD Foster Care Forms:
Visit our events page for training/pre-service opportunities!