Request for Proposals
To provide individualized services to youth at the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS). DYRS is seeking to create a pool of qualified entities that can offer individualized services that will assist youth with obtaining skills, training and/or credentials. Entities can be individuals or an agency (hereby named the “applicant”) with the capacity to provide individualized services to youth at DYRS facilities.
Qualified applicants will be called upon to provide specific services to youth as the need is identified. The specific location for services will be identified on a case-by-case basis and will be coordinated with the applicant and DYRS Program Manager. Applicant services must have the ability to deliver services within DYRS facilities including secure settings. The provision of services may be required to be during evenings and weekends.
Qualified applicants will be called upon to provide any combination of the following services, as determined by the individual youth’s identified need:
- Therapeutic services
- Vocational training
- Mentoring services
- Transportation services
- Certifications/Credential opportunities
- Specialized Training opportunities
Who can apply:
Qualifications needed by an applicant to be considered for this contract:
- Entities providing direct services (through an agency or individually) are expected to be professionally credentialed, experienced, and culturally competent. All entities that provide services must submit to a criminal background check, CFSA Child Protection Registry check and Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) training.
- Where appropriate, must hold current state licenses, permits and certificates.
- Must not have been debarred or suspended from doing business with any unit of government. Applicants must be in good standing with all federal, state, and county agencies with which they have had a grant or contractual agreements.
- Must have a Clean Hands Certificate within 3 months of application due date.
Procedures to apply:
- Proposals can be submitted on a rolling basis. Notifications to selected providers will be made quarterly.
- Proposals must be submitted as electronic mail attachments in either Word or PDF format.
- Each submission must include a cover letter.
- Each submission must include the DYRS application cover page, identifying the service to be delivered.
- Each submission must include a rate per youth or a detailed budget.
- Proposals must respond to the following request for background information and qualifications using a standard 12-point font, double-spaced, and must not exceed 3 pages, not including attachments.
The proposals should introduce the entity who will provide the prescribed services. Describe their education, qualifications, and work experience as it relates to area of expertise. Provide background information on the applicant’s ability to serve the target population, noting any history of service to youth.
- Résumé(s) of the individual(s) who propose to deliver direct services.
- Description of Proposed Service
- Goals and Objectives
- Describe the planning process and content to be delivered.
- Describe how the program will be evaluated and how success will be measured
- Certificates/Degrees/Credentials that will be offered
Proposals will be evaluated based upon the qualifications of credentialed applicant; experience; capability/capacity to provide services, and overall cost effectiveness of service provision.
As determined based upon the individual needs of the target population, qualified applicants will be called upon to provide the prescribed services on a case-by-case basis. Providers will submit payment requests (billable hours as pre-determined) to the DYRS for services provided.
Providers may be removed from the list based upon performance, lack of availability, change in credentialed status, failure or delay in submitting reports and/or payments requests, or for other reasons as determined not to be in the best interest of the DYRS.
Proposals must be submitted via electronic mail to the firstname.lastname@example.org